Looking for resident caretaker as early as March 2017 for 6 months +
Looking for a resident caretaker for work-trade for as early as March 2017 to take charge mainly maintenance on our farm. Length of time needed is 6 months at the least and hopefully longer if the arrangement works out on both sides.
Please read the below and if you are interested email Katie at Papaaloaranch@gmail.com with a completed application and proof of health insurance. The application can be found at this link: Papaaloa Ranch Caretaker Application or at the bottom of this webpage you can cut and paste into your email.
Trade: accommodations, fruit and veggies from farm and possibly even opportunities for the self-starter to make CA$H.
Work expectations: Approx. 15 hours of work/week. Work will definitely include the following tasks, although we will really be looking to our caretaker to help us be a problem avoider and problem solver in general for taking care of our farm and our home and other tasks may arise as needed.
- Watering as needed especially during hot sunny dry periods
- Mowing 1 x per week (including cleaning, maintenance and coordinating mowing repairs)
- Weedeating 1x per week (string trim edges and use bush whacker blade for hard to mow spots)
- Fruit tree maintenance 1x week and Nursery maintenance 1x week (watering, weeding, fertilizing)
- Some veggie garden maintenance (weed, seed, harvest)
- Water cows (check 1x per week, change and scrub 2x per month)
- Feed dogs and care for dogs (1-2x per day)
- Feed composting worms 1x per week
Opportunities for making a percentage of profit:
- Nursery sales
- Possible vacation rental
- Produce and fruit sales
- Seed orders: (Preparing and mailing)
Looking for someone who is:
- Intuitive with plants and the land (e.x. knows when to feed and water)
- Knows how use water and electricity responsibly (fixing leaks, turning water off)
- Can problem solve (fixing mowers, weed whackers)
- Organized and can create and follow through with a schedule (e.x. taking care of weekly v/ monthly tasks)
- Clean and orderly
- In good health and fit, able to complete various manual labor jobs
- Honest, able to communicate clearly with us
- Able to work and take initiative
name:__________________________ age: __________ sex: ________
current or mailing address:___________________________________________
desired start date ____________________________________
emergency contact name and number: __________________________________________
- Will you have travel insurance and/or health insurance coverage for your stay while on our farm? (please send a picture or scanned copy) (those who don’t have cant apply for state health insurance –
- Outline (with resume-style detail) your experiences working outdoors, working on farms, caretaking, etc.
- Do you have experience with animals?
- Do you consider yourself physically fit and capable of working 6 hour days doing physical labor?
- Lists all the types of tools, gardening methods, etc. that you have experience with:
- List which methods you would like to learn more about.
- Other skills, hobbies, interests you want to share with us
- Do you have any health-related issues we should know that would affect your work on the farm? Ex. Allergies, previous or current injuries that affect your ability carry weight, bend over, etc.
- Where else have you traveled?
- List any professional degrees, certificates, studies etc.
- Please give us at least 2 references, both professional as possible
- Please explain why you are an excellent candidate for our caretaker position.
By signing here, I certify that all the information above I have included is true and that I have read the information at the top of the application
Signed name:____________________________________ (your typed name will be considered your signature) Date:_________________________